CCTC Alignment Study
The Common Career Technical Core Alignment Study
The National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc) is conducting an alignment study to compare the Common Career Technical Core (CCTC) against state/territory Career Technical Education (CTE) standards.
NASDCTEc is partnering with Global Skills Exchange (GSX) and The Center on Education and Training for Employment (CETE) at The Ohio State University (OSU) to conduct the alignment study.
The alignment study consists of three parts:
(1) Pilot Policy Scan of 10 states to better understand how states/territories develop, adopt and implement CTE standards.
(2) Pilot Alignment Study of 10 states to test the methodology for gauging alignment between state/territory CTE standards and the CCTC.
(3) Full-Scale Policy Scan & Alignment Study of the remaining states/territories to gather policies related to the development, adoption and implementation of state CTE standards and to gauge how those state CTE standards align with the CCTC.
The results of the alignment study will be released in October 2013 during the fall membership meeting.
• January 31, 2013 Webinar announcing the launch of the study.
• CCTC Alignment Study FAQs