2012 Spring Meeting
For those asking "when is the 2012 NASDCTEc Spring Meeting?" we have great news!
NASDCTEc Spring Meeting to run concurrently with the 2012 National Career Clusters™ Institute
NASDCTEc and OVAE are partnering again to bring you sessions and topical discussions from the national perspective.
Read the joint welcome letter from Dr. Brenda Dann-Messier, Assistant Secretary, OVAE
and Kimberly Green, Executive Director, NASDCTEc
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the National Career Clusters ™ Institute, NASDCTEc will run its Spring Meeting concurrently. This unique event allows NASDCTEc members to take advantage of both the policy- and practitioner-focused sessions. Attendees will have access to a comprehensive experience that connects the broad range of roles, perspectives and experiences that embody the CTE community.
At this monumental time for our nation, it is critical that policymakers, educators and advocates gather at one table to share best practices, serve as thought leaders and convene to advocate for the CTE community.
Topics of the Policy Strand include:
• OVAE's Perkins Reauthorization Strategy
• Pathways to Prosperity In Action
• CTE and Common Core State Standards
• Legislative Update
• Integration of CTE in Promising High School Reform Efforts
• Effective Approaches in STEM
• Improving CTE through Statewide Use of Technical Skill Assessments
• Perspectives from Capitol Hill
• Working Groups around Perkins Reauthorization
The Institute will be held June 18-20, 2012 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC. More information about this integrated meeting can be found HERE.