2013 NASDCTEc Fall Meeting
REGISTER NOW FOR THE 2013 FALL MEETING
Make your plans to attend the Fall Meeting here in the Washington DC - Baltimore area. Are you a sponsor? See below.
When: October 21-23, 2013
Where: BWI Airport Marriott, 1743 Nursery Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Who: State Directors, Associate Members, CTE Leaders and Stakeholders.
- FALL MEETING AGENDA
- FALL MEETING RESOURCES
- MEETING REGISTRATION NOW OPEN; registration rates: Members $425 early bird/ $525 main; Non-Members $600 early bird/$700 main. Early bird cut-off is COB September 23.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS NOW OPEN: Room rates at the BWI Airport Marriott are $121 (the prevailing government per diem rate in effect at the time of the meeting). After this date, special room rate and availability are not guaranteed. The hotel will continue to take reservations on a day-to-day basis till further notice.
Please be advised that the room rate is based on federal government per diem and although you may have registered at the $116 rate, it will change to $121 on October 1, as the hotel reserves the right to charge the prevailing federal government prescribed per diem in effect at the time of the meeting. Anticipate accordingly.
SPECIAL NOTE for those who have already made reservations: On October 1, 2013 the hotel will be activating this provision. The hotel will make the effective rate $121, a $5 increase of the current $116 rate. This will apply to all BWI Airport Marriott reservations, regardless of when they were made.
The meeting is at the BWI Airport Marriott and will open with a dinner and program Monday evening, October 21; sessions all day Tuesday, October 22, and sessions till 10 a.m. or Noon (due to 10:15 a.m. closed session) on Wednesday, October 23.
The Fall Meeting is geared toward professional development, sharing of best practices, state policy updates and other topical sessions.
Range of topics will include:
- Competency-Based Education
- State Career Readiness Data and Reporting
- Career-Ready Assessments
- Common Core & CTE: Implementation Strategies
- Federal Policy Update
- Results from CCTC Alignment Study (National and State-Specific)
- Update from OVAE’s Assistant Secretary
- OECD Report: Skills Beyond School
- Update on New State CTE Policies
Important Policy Notifications
Cancellation Policy: To receive a full refund, a cancellation request must be received by close of business September 23, 2013. Cancellations received between September 24, 2013 and September 30, 2013 will be refunded the registration fee minus a $75 processing fee. Cancellations received between October 1, 2013 and October 7, 2013 will be assessed a processing fee of 1/2 the applicable registration fee. Cancellations received starting October 8, 2013 will result in no refund. If a registration has been made and the registration fee is not paid, the registrant is still responsible for any applicable fees or penalties.
Substitution Policy: Substitutions will be allow at no additional charge until close of business September 23, 2013. Substitutions after close of business September 23, 2013 will require a processing fee of $25 per substitution. To make a substitution, call our office at 301-588-9635. Once payment is received and confirmed, the substitution will be confirmed. Sorry, no on-site substitutions.
No-show Policy: Meeting no-shows will be charged the confirmed registration rate.
Sponsorship Opportunities: Now Closed. Questions? Call 301-588-9630
Thanks to our Diamond Level Sponsor Certiport for their support!
Thanks to Gradcast for their sponsorship support for the Fall Meeting at the Diamond Level!