NEWS ADVISORY: Representatives Host CTE Congressional Caucus Event, Highlight Harvard Report
Posted by Erin Uy on 07/20/2012
NEWS ADVISORY: Representatives Host Career Technical Education Congressional Caucus Event, Highlight Harvard Report
NEWS ADVISORY: Representatives Jim Langevin (D-RI) and Glenn Thompson (R-PA), co-chairs of the Congressional Career and Technical Education (CTE) Caucus, present a briefing on the Harvard Graduate School of Education’s Pathways to Prosperity Project.
Pathways to Prosperity: Meeting the Challenge of Preparing Young Americans for the 21st Century, is a report that has resonated across the country, and the authors have now spoken in more than 30 states. The report addresses the challenges associated with preparing young Americans for successful careers and closing the “skills gap.” William Symonds, the report's primary author and director of the Pathways to Prosperity Project, will lead the discussion.
• William Symonds, Director, Pathways to Prosperity Project
• Jeff Mays, President, Illinois Business Roundtable
• Jason Tyszko, Deputy Chief of Staff, Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
• Eric Regelin, Director, National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) and Chairman, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
• Kimberly Green, Executive Director, National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc)
When: 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Where: Rayburn House Office Building, Gold Room (2168)
Contact: Erin Uy, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-588-9630
Source: National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc)