On behalf of its members, NASDCTEc advocates for policies and legislation that support high-quality Career Technical Education (CTE) programs. NASDCTEc advocates for state CTE leaders on Capitol Hill and works with federal agencies, national associations, and other stakeholder groups to advance the federal policy recommendations of its membership.
NASDCTEc actively monitors developments in Washington, DC, and around the country for the latest policies, research, news and issues influencing the conversation on CTE and education, workforce development and economic development policy. We keep the CTE community informed with our CTE Blog and weekly Legislative Updates, while providing the tools and resources required to present a persuasive case for high-quality CTE and related policies and legislation.
- Keep up with all of our legislative updates here.
- NASDCTEc Federal Policy Priorities
- Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins)
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)