The Career Ready Practices component of the CCTC provides a framework for the developmental experiences necessary to becoming career ready; experiences that can be “practiced” using many different approaches in a variety of settings. Student refine these practices throughout their full continuum of learning: through their journey in school, college, the workforce and when they return to advance their education.
Each Career Ready Practice includes an overarching statement along with a more detailed description. Below are the 12 overarching statements:
- Act as a responsible and contributing citizen and employee.
- Apply appropriate academic and technical skills.
- Attend to personal health and financial well-being.
- Communicate clearly and effectively and with reason.
- Consider the environmental, social and economic impacts of decisions.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation.
- Employ valid and reliable research strategies.
- Utilize critical thinking to make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Model integrity, ethical leadership and effective management.
- Plan education and career paths aligned to personal goals.
- Use technology to enhance productivity.
- Work productively in teams while using cultural global competence.
The Career Ready Practices are intended to establish goals for CTE programs, yet the practices are relevant for all students. Learn more about Career Ready Practices or share information with our brief overview sheet .