The application period for the Summer 2018 CTE Virtual Institute has closed. If you have any questions about future institutes, please contact Austin Estes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Is the CTE Virtual Institute?
What Do I Get Out of It?
- Understand the history of CTE in the United States and how it came to be what it is today;
Understand what high-quality CTE looks like, both at the program and systems level and at the secondary and postsecondary level;
- Use data and real-world examples to advocate for high-quality CTE;
- Recognize the role that federal, state and local stakeholders play in strengthening CTE;
- Recognize the role they themselves play in supporting high-quality CTE; and
- Network with other professionals learning about high-quality CTE.
- Completing all of the assignments within each module during the time allotted;
- Securing support from their supervisors to actively participate in the course;
- Staying engaged throughout the course by contributing to weekly prompts in the online Moodle forum;
- Joining and participating in conference calls (or watching recordings in the event of an approved schedule conflict); and
- Completing an end-of-course project that applies lessons learned through the CTE Virtual Institute.
How Can I Apply?
Is There a Program Fee?
No! The Virtual Institute is offered at no charge by Advance CTE.