Know the Issues
- What is CTE? (June 2017, PDF)
An overview of what Career Technical Education is (and isn't) with some relevant data to demonstrate its value to those not familiar with CTE
- CTE and Dual Enrollment (March 2017, PDF)
An explanation of how CTE and dual enrollment intersect and provide more opportunities for learners
- CTE and Student Achievement (February 2017, PDF)
Compelling state and national data on how CTE learners excel in K-12 education, college and careers
- CTE and Programs of Study (May 2017, PDF)
An explanation of what programs of study are and how they are transforming CTE and leading to learner success
- CTE Delivery Systems (May 2017, PDF)
An overview of the variety of ways and places in which CTE can be delivered to learners
- How States Use Perkins - The Basics (October 2017, PDF)
A summary of the ways in which states leverage Perkins to support CTE
- Understanding the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V) (August 2018, PDF)
An overview of Perkins including its purpose, how funds are distributed and why Perkins is an investment that matters
- CTE Teacher and Faculty Shortages (March 2018, PDF)
An overview of the alignment between CTE teacher and faculty shortages and labor market demands.
- CTE and Student Success Initiatives (April 2018, PDF)
An explanation of why and how CTE and student success initiatives should be integrated to make both more successful.
- The Role of CTE Statewide Attainment Goals (May 2018, PDF)
An overview of why and how CTE can support and contribute to statewide postsecondary attainment goals.
- Getting to Know the State CTE Director Role (June 2018, PDF)
An overview of the roles and responsibilities that fall under the State CTE Director.
- Career Technical Education Glossary (August 2018, PDF)
This comprehensive glossary describes the terms and phrases frequently used in Career Technical Education (CTE).
Build Your Case
- The Value and Promise of CTE Fact Sheet (April 2017, PDF)
Key data points from the report: "The Value and Promise of Career Technical Education: Results from a National Survey of Parents and Students"
- CTE is the Agenda (Feb 2017, PDF)
CTE is the jobs agenda, education agenda and infrastructure agenda
- Investing in CTE: An American Imperative (June 2018, PDF)
Illustrates the need for an increased federal investment in CTE
- CTE Myths and Facts (June 2017, PDF)
Addresses key misconceptions and outdated stigmas about CTE