On behalf of its members, Advance CTE: State Leaders Connecting Learning to Work, advocates for policies and legislation that support high-quality Career Technical Education (CTE) programs. Advance CTE advocates for state CTE leaders on Capitol Hill and works with federal agencies, national associations, and other stakeholder groups to advance the federal policy recommendations of its membership.
Advance CTE actively monitors developments in Washington, DC, and around the country for the latest policies, research, news and issues influencing the conversation on CTE and education, workforce development and economic development policy. We keep the CTE community informed with our CTE Learning that Works Blog and weekly Legislative Updates, while providing the tools and resources required to present a persuasive case for high-quality CTE and related policies and legislation.
- Keep up with all of our legislative updates here.
- Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins)
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Higher Education Act (HEA)