Putting Learner Success First: A Shared Vision for the Future of Career Technical Education – which is supported by 12 national organizations – calls for a re-imagined education system where all learners have access to high-quality experiences that put them on a path to career success. This vision boldly challenges the status quo and calls for a transformation of the education system while also defining CTE’s role in igniting and achieving this goal.
The vision is anchored in five inter-related and equally important principles:
- All Career Technical Education (CTE) programs are held to the highest standards of excellence.
- All learners are empowered to choose a meaningful education and career.
- All learning is personalized and flexible.
- All learning is facilitated by knowledgeable experts.
- All systems work together to put learner success first.
This downloadable tool from Advance CTE draws on the five principles of Putting Learner Success First: A Shared Vision for the Future of CTE to help local CTE leaders and practitioners understand how they can begin to implement the vision’s principles and actions in their own classrooms, schools, institutions or systems. A Word version of the tool can be downloaded here.